The TIDE group leads several programs based on public-private partnerships between academic centers, health care organizations, and the traditional public health community focusing on the identification and reporting of notifiable infectious diseases.
Please click on the links below to learn more about our recent Infectious Disease Epidemiology Research
- Promoting new ways to address problems such as reducing the burden of healthcare-associated infections and antibiotic resistance.
- Development of an open source software application that uses EHR data to conduct public health surveillance on the individual-level for notifiable diseases and in aggregate for other conditions of interest to public health.
- Provides healthcare epidemiology prevention Research, Implementation, Evaluation, Surveillance, and Medication studies.
- A pragmatic clinical trial that evaluates the impact of decolonization on healthcare associated infections in the general patient population outside Intensive Care Units.
- Developing validated quality measures for inter-hospital comparisons of healthcare associated infections such as surgical site infections.