Center faculty have conducted studies developing and evaluating programs to support the delivery of cancer prevention services to adolescents. Center researchers have also conducted decision analytic modeling and cost effectiveness analyses to support policymaker, provider, and patient decision making. Examples include:
National surveys of parents and primary care providers to understand decision-making about HPV vaccination for adolescents
Intervention development and evaluation to improve provider communication about HPV vaccination
Qualitative discourse analysis of patient-provider encounters to create an evidence-based typology of communication styles for recommending HPV vaccination
Policy decision making studies for vaccines, asthma, and infections
The development and use of adult and pediatric models to assess the comparative and cost-effectivess of pharcogenetic testing in asthma
Related News and Recent Publications
- Gilkey MB, Malo TL, Shah PD, Hall ME, Brewer NT. Quality of physician communication about human papillomavirus vaccine: findings from a national survey. Cancer epidemiology, biomarkers & prevention : a publication of the American Association for Cancer Research, cosponsored by the American Society of Preventive Oncology. Nov 2015;24(11):1673-1679.
- Gilkey MB, Malo TL, Shah PD, Hall ME, Brewer NT. Quality of physician communication about human papillomavirus vaccine: Findings from a national survey. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2015 Nov;24(11):1673-9.
- Gilkey MB, Moss JL, Coyne-Beasley T, Hall ME, Shah PD, Brewer NT. Physician communication about adolescent vaccination: How is human papillomavirus vaccine different? Prev Med. 2015 Aug;77:181-5.
- Pepper JK, Gilkey MB, Brewer NT. Physicians' counseling of adolescents regarding e-cigarette use. J Adolesc Health. 2015 Aug 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wu AC, Li L, Fung V, Kharbanda EO, Larkin EK, Vollmer WM, Butler MG, Miroshnik I, Rusinak D, Davis RL, Hartert T, Weiss ST, Lieu TA. Use of Leukotriene Receptor Antagonists Are Associated with Similar Risk of Asthma Exacerbations as Inhaled Corticosteroids. J Allergy Clin Immol In Practice. 2014 Sep-Oct;2(5):607-13.
For more information on the Center's work please contact Kelly Horan