Monitoring H1N1 influenza vaccine safety and the risk for Guillain-Barre syndrome
Studying the risk of febrile seizures after measles-mumps-rubella-varicella vaccine and after concomitant influenza and PCV13 vaccines
Developing a framework for studying vaccine safety in pregnant women using health plan, birth registry and fetal death registry data
Establishing the data and methodologic infrastructure for active surveillance of vaccine and drug safety
The Study of Pneumococcal Antibiotic Resistance in Children (SPARC), one of the largest longitudinal studies of colonization with pneumococcus, a major cause of disease in children worldwid. It includes investigations of the impact of newly introduced vaccines on carriage, disease, and resistance, as well as genetic analyses of this rapidly adapting organism with important ramifications for human health.
Related News and Recent Publications
- Kornides ML, Garrell JM, Gilkey MB. Content of web-based continuing medical education about HPV vaccination. Vaccine. Jul 22 2017.
- Gilkey MB, Calo WA, Moss JL, Shah PD, Marciniak MW, Brewer NT. Provider communication and HPV vaccination: The impact of recommendation quality. Vaccine. Feb 24 2016;34(9):1187-1192.
- Moss JL, Gilkey MB, Rimer BK, Brewer NT. Disparities in collaborative patient-provider communication about human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination. Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics. Jun 02 2016;12(6):1476-1483.
- Kharbanda EO, Vazquez-Benitez G, Lipkind HS, et al. Maternal Tdap vaccination: Coverage and acute safety outcomes in the vaccine safety datalink, 2007-2013. Vaccine. Feb 10 2016;34(7):968-973.
- Yih WK, Greene SK, Zichittella L, et al. Evaluation of the risk of venous thromboembolism after quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccination among US females. Vaccine. Jan 02 2016;34(1):172-178.
- Yih WK, Kulldorff M, Sandhu SK, et al. Prospective influenza vaccine safety surveillance using fresh data in the Sentinel System. Pharmacoepidemiology and drug safety. May 2016;25(5):481-492
- Gilkey MB, Malo TL, Shah PD, Hall ME, Brewer NT. Quality of physician communication about human papillomavirus vaccine: findings from a national survey. Cancer epidemiology, biomarkers & prevention : a publication of the American Association for Cancer Research, cosponsored by the American Society of Preventive Oncology. Nov 2015;24(11):1673-1679.
For more information on the Center's work please contact Kelly Horan