Christine Lu, MSc, PhD
Christine Lu is a pharmacist, pharmacoepidemiologist, and health policy researcher. Dr. Lu received a M.Sc. (Biopharmaceuticals) and a PhD in Clinical Pharmacology from the University of New South Wales, Australia. Her current research focuses on access to biologic medicines, genomic-based technologies, and psychotropic medications. Since 2012, she also serves as Adjunct Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Australia.
Dr. Lu recently led a national investigation of the effects of Food and Drug Administration‘s warnings and media attention regarding antidepressant and suicidality among youth within the Mental Health Research Network. She also serves as an epidemiologist for the Mini-Sentinel program. In her teaching role, Dr. Lu mentors students and fellows through the Harvard Medical School Fellowship in Pharmaceutical Policy Research, the Harvard Medical School Scholars in Medicine program, and the global Medicines and Insurance Coverage (MedIC) Initiative.
- Lu CY, Stewart C, Ahmed AT, Ahmedani BK, Coleman K, Copeland LA, Hunkeler EM, Lakoma MD, Madden JM, Penfold RB, Rusinak D, Zhang F, Soumerai SB. How complete are E-codes in commercial plan claims databases? Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2014 Feb;23(2):218-20.
- Lu CY, Adams AS, Ross-Degnan D, Zhang F, Zhang Y, Salzman C, Soumerai SB. Association between prior authorization for medications and health service use by Medicaid patients with bipolar disorder. Psychiatr Serv. 2011 Feb;62(2):186-93.
- Lu CY, Law MR, Soumerai SB, Graves AJ, LeCates RF, Zhang F, Ross-Degnan D, Adams AS. Impact of prior authorization on the use and costs of lipid-lowering medications among Michigan and Indiana dual enrollees in Medicaid and Medicare: results of a longitudinal, population-based study. Clin Ther. 2011 Jan;33(1):135-44.
- Lu CY, Soumerai SB, Ross-Degnan D, Zhang F, Adams AS. Unintended impacts of a Medicaid prior authorization policy on access to medications for bipolar illness. Med Care. 2010 Jan;48(1):4-9.
- Lu CY, Macneill P, Williams K, Day R. Access to high cost medicines in Australia: ethical perspectives. Aust New Zealand Health Policy. 2008 May 19. [Epub ahead of print].
- Lu CY, Ross-Degnan D, Soumerai SB, Pearson SA. Interventions designed to improve the quality and efficiency of medication use in managed care: a critical review of the literature - 2001-2007. BMC Health Serv Res. 2008 Apr 7. [Epub ahead of print].
- Lu CY, Williams K, Day R, March L, Sansom L, Bertouch J. Access to high cost drugs in Australia. BMJ. 2004 Aug 21;329(7463):415-6.